Checklist for Choosing an Essay Topic
The checklist below will help you narrow down the essay topic choice and find a subject to discuss throughout your paper.
- Brainstorm with other students to generate multiple potential ideas
- Write down every idea you think of
- Go through the list and select a few essay topics you’d like to discuss
- Research the selected topics to see whether you can find enough evidence to support the claims you’ll make in an essay
- Narrow down your topic search and find an ideal subject to write about answering these questions:
- Can you finish the paper in the time available?
- Can you reach the specified word count with that topic?
- Can you get access to the resources you need for the paper with that title?
- Does the topic allow me to demonstrate my understanding of the subject?
- Does the topic allow me to demonstrate my writing skills properly?
- Am I motivated enough for this topic?
Essay Topics by Category
There are plenty essay types, and the character of their topics depends on the specifics of each paper. While persuasive and argumentative essay topics may seem to be identical, cause and effect and narrative essay topics are completely different.
- Is there too much pressure on teenagers to go to college?
- Should more rights be given to immigrants?
- Do TV shows and movies have the responsibility of being more diverse?
- How “fake news” changes political and social life?
- How do reality shows impact society?
- Should the United States make English the official national language?
- Should students be allowed to use phones in elementary and high schools?
- Should all American citizens have to complete a year of community service?
- Should teenage girls be allowed to get birth control without the permission of their parents?
- Is it the time to reform immigration laws?
- Should children who commit violent crimes be tried as adults?
- Compare and contrast essay topics (learn more from the link).
- Antebellum Era vs. Reconstruction Era in American History.
- Similarities and differences between Star Wars and Star Trek.
- Cats vs. dogs: which ones make better pets.
- New England Colonies vs. Middle Colonies OR vs. Southern Colonies.
- Communism vs. Capitalism.
- What is the effect of family vacations on family relationships?
- What effect did human curiosity have in relation to our planet?
- What are causes of environmental catastrophes?
- How technology development affects the state of nature?
- What are causes of technological advancements in Japan?
- Write about a time when you got hurt on the playground. What happened?
- An example of rebellion from your life.
- Tell about morality problems that bother you and why.
- A negative example of cowardice.
- Tell about something you had a personal morality challenge.
- Expository essay topics (click to check out 50+ remaining topics)
- Explain the social significance of wearing a uniform at school.
- Explain the possible consequences of dropping out of college.
- Describe the changes in communication in the last 20 years since the internet emerged.
- Explain why tolerance in a workplace is crucial.
- Define the causes and effects of not voting in elections.
The choice of compare and contrast essay topics is not an easy task because you need to show your analytical skills. Below you can find several suggestions regarding the choice of correct topics for compare and contrast essays.
- What Is the Best Choice for Contemporary Students: Traditional Education or Remote Learning?
- Fascism and Nazism: Are These Two Concepts Different or the Same?
- Gender Issues: Different Mental Processes of Females and Males.
- Is Being a Freelancer a good alternative to being a Full-time Employee?
- Facebook or MySpace: Which Social Network Offers More Opportunities?
- Anorexia Nervosa and Obesity: What Is More Dangerous?
- Sources with Free Access and Rights Reserved: Should We Protect Intellectual Property?
If you choose one of these topics, you will definitely succeed to attract the attention of your audience because they involve the most recent discussion topics. Compare and contrast essays are the most difficult to complete if compared to other essays because they require significant analytical skills. This is your chance to get excellent grades!
Informative Essay Topics
A good topic for an informative essay focuses on emerging significant issues. It should add value to a paper and engage readers. Here we present informative essay topics to give you an idea:
- Methods of Improving Health Standards in German Schools.
- How Can We Improve American Football to Make It Safer?
- The Importance of Having a Democratic System of Government.
- Types of Social Evils in Poorly Developed Countries.
- Why Should You Install Reliable Cyber Security Measures in Your Company?
- Essential Health Tips for Pregnant Women Who Are Travelling by Plane?
- Methods of Preventing Excessive Air Pollution from Factories.
On the contrary to compare and contrast essays, informative essays don’t offer any comparison of different subjects, actions, or events. Informative essays are more descriptive. Therefore, they are easier to complete.
The main goal of topic choice for a proposal essay is to prove the idea can be implemented in practice. Below you can find several ideas for proposal essay topics:
- Can Money Motivate to Work Better? How to Lead a Light-hearted Life without Being Terrified about Your Income?
- Should Children in High School Learn Religious Studies as a part of the Curriculum? How to Make It Work for All Religions?
- In What Ways Does Educational Process Depends on Both Students and Teachers? How Can Students and Teachers Make the Education Process More Effective?
- Why Do We Take Misunderstanding for Hatred: Ways to Cope with Excessively Strong Emotions in Relationships between Parents and Children?
- Does Society Treat People with Disabilities Well? Can We Change Anything to Improve the Lives of People with Disabilities?
- Do We Still Need to Bother with Environmental Protection? What Can We Do Every Day to Change the Situation?
- How Should Corporations Reward Employees, Apart from Paying Money?
Proposal essay topics are developed for ideas. Don’t try to polish them before consulting your teacher. Consult your teacher before completing your essay and then polish your topic.
Controversial Essay Topics
Controversial essay topics present a great number of interesting topics for discussion. However, you’re always at risk to express a different opinion than the one your teacher supports Some teachers accept opposing opinions while others may lower your grade in case you express a contradicting view. Therefore, be careful when choosing a topic for your controversial essay. We suggest several topics for a controversial essay below.
- The Role of a Teacher’s Behavior in Case of Signs of Child Abuse
- Factors That Can Convert Computer Games into Real-life Violence Stimulators
- The Role and the Impact of Prostitution on the Overall Economy of Canada
- The Ethics of Euthanasia and Physician-assisted Suicide
- Global Warming: Is It Real or Is It Propaganda?
- The History of the LGBTQ Community
- Vaccinations: Mandatory for Public School Entrance
Controversial essays are interesting to write, but their topics are scandalous. Therefore, be careful when choosing your topic to avoid lower grades.
Essay Topics By Levels Of Education
We can help you choose an essay topic according to the level of education. For example, you can choose a topic for elementary, middle, or high school. We suggest several popular topics for elementary, middle, high schools and even for college below.
Elementary and Middle School Essay Topics
Remember your final grade significantly depends on the topic. Many elementary and middle school students find it difficult to choose topics for their essays. We can help select interesting essay topics for middle school, high school, or college and you can modify them to complete your unique essay.
- Will Humanity Reach a Time when There Will Be No More Technological Advancement?
- YouTube Owners Should Check and Fix Comments That Involve Dirty Language.
- The Role of Communication in Social Networks for Modern Education.
- To Be a Politician: Art or Talent?
- Are You on the Side of King-Kong or the Militaries Who Interrupted His World to Study. Him Using Violent Measures?
- The Death Sentence Should Be Activated in Every Country of the World.
- Steroid Users Must Be Banned from Team Sport Activities.
High School Essay Topics
There are multiple captivating essay topics for high school created to attract the attention of your teacher and other readers. Our essay topics for high school students will help you unveil your writing talent and make a good impression on readers. Have a look at these topics for high school essays to derive ideas of your own:
- Is Homeschooling an Effective Approach to Educate Children?
- What Are the Advantages and Disadvantages of Attending a Single-sex School?
- Which Social Activities Should Be Punished by Law?
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Globalization.
- The Educational System in India.
- Can Graffiti be Viewed as Art?
- Is the Cost of University Education Excessively High in Australia?
Essay Topics for College Students
Teachers require more from college students because college is the next step after high school. College professors may decline the topics appreciated by high school teachers. Therefore, developing essay topics for college is not an easy task. We suggest several essay topics for college students to make your life easier. Here they are:
- Are test scores the most accurate indication of an individual’s competency?
- What should change about the current taxation system?
- Why are left-handed guitar players more gifted?
- What are the causes of the increased number of teenage mothers?
- Is college admission getting too sharp?
- Are Project Managers and CEOs paid too much?
- Military service and the role of gender.
Essay Topics By Subject
During the course of any subject, teachers ask to write different essays concerning one general topic. The variety of subtopics that cover general themes can confuse a student and take much time to make up a good essay topic. We’ve created guides on how to write essays on general topics with lists of the most workable essay topics.
- In What Ways Homework Contributes to Student Performance?
- Which Education Is Better: Private School, Public School, or Homeschooling?
- Should Vaccinations Continue to Be Mandatory in Public Schools?
- Should “Gifted” Students Receive Special Educational Treatment?
- How Are Online High Schools Better Than Traditional Education?
- Can a Specialist in Psychology at School Help Solve Student Psychological Problems?
- What Is the Best Way to Take Notes in Class?
High School Life
- Approaches to Better Concentration for Students when studying?
- What Is the Cost of Studying Abroad and Is It Worth The Money?
- What Are the Best Sports to Join at UK Schools? How Did We Get a School Mascot?
- What Are the Benefits of Being in the FFA, BPA, or Other School Organization?
- Is Learning a Foreign Language in High School Important?
- What Ethics Rules Make a Successful Dating Experience?
- Should More High Schools Have Apprenticeships or Technical Programs So Graduates Can Get a Job Right after School?
- Should People Be Judged by Their Social Media Profiles?
- Is It Possible to Find a Mate Using Online Dating Sites or Are They Just Scams? Can People Develop Long-term Relationships Using Dating Sites?
- Should Texting and Driving Be Illegal?
- Is Technology Making Human Attention Spans Shorter?
- Can Social Media like Pinterest Be Used in the Classroom?
- Does Social Media Negatively Impact the social lives of Young People?
- How Does Social Media Change Relationships between Parents and Children?
Science And Technology
- How Will 3-D Printing Change Medicine?
- What Does Science Currently Offer for Disabled People?
- Is Face-detection Software a Good Way to Solve the Problem of Identity Theft?
- How Can Practical Quantum Computers Change Our Lives?
- How Will 360-degree Selfie Cameras Change the Way We Share Our Lives?
- Is Adding Connectivity to Our Home Devices Helpful or Not?
- Can Computers Really Become Intelligent?
- How Can People Best Be Encouraged to Make Healthier Lifestyle Choices?
- Do TV Shows about Obese People Losing Weight Exploit or Help?
- Does Polluting the Environment Have an Impact on Human Health?
- How Can We Best Solve the Problem of Antibiotic Resistance?
- Are Drugs Overused in Treating Mental Illness?
- What Makes Some People Able to Live Over a Hundred Years?
- Can Internet medical advice help improve people’s health?
- Causes of eating disorders and obesity.
- How to manage anorexia and bulimia nervosa.
- The phenomenon of the effect of feminism on anorexic women.
- The importance of traveling with your friends.
- The benefits of traveling alone.
- Describe a time you traveled alone. What obstacles did you face? Did you learn something new about yourself?
- Does Art Pay?
- Can Music and Cinematography Be Called an Art Too?
- Is Gothic Art the Most Preferred and Magnificent in the History of Humankind?
- Can You Succeed in Life Working in the Field of Art?
- Are Today’s Music Tracks Educational or Meaningful at All?
- Are Modern Lyrics Too Explicit for a Young Audience?
- There Is No Plot in the Majority of Up-to-date Movies.
- Modern and classic architecture – whose side are you on?
- Why should we go to opera in the XXI century?
- Van Gogh as a modern style icon.
We’ve collected several topics that are popular in the current scientific and social debate. These topics can make your essay interesting and provide you high grades. Also, you can capture reader attention with the help of funny essay topics.
Interesting and Funny Essay Topics
Interesting essay topics for an essay will never leave your readers indifferent because people like humor. Fun topics make people laugh and while they do it you can unveil your ideas. Besides, if you browse write my essay you can find necessary help with writing.
These 20 interesting and funny topics will help you write wonderful essays:
1. The Games People Play and Masks They Wear: Sincerity Vs. Politeness.
2. Why Stupid Cat Videos Are Ruining the Internet?
3. Extreme Sports – Is Adrenaline Worth the Risk?
4. Why Do Skinny Models Still Remain a Modern Standard of Beauty?
5. Ethical Issues Surrounding Surrogate Motherhood.
6. Can Women Be Regarded as the Weaker Sex Today?
7. Can the Way to Success Be Laziness?
8. The Credibility of Data In the Media Is Questionable.
9. The Consequences of the Chernobyl Disaster.
10. The Issues of Successful and Unhappy Marriages.
11. Television Forms a New Type of Culture.
12. The Choice of Profession Directly Depends on the Degree of Interest in Personal Growth.
13. The Possibilities of the Human Body Are Unlimited.
14. Errors in Any Sphere is Unavoidable. Do Doctors, Judges, and Teachers Have the Right to Make Mistakes?
15. Why Do Managers Use Stick and Carrot Motivation? Wouldn’t Stick Policies Be Enough?
16. Does an Artist Need Talent to Create Abstract Pictures?
17. Modern Theater and Remakes of Classic Plays – New Interpretation or Outrage?
18. Live to Eat or Eat to Live? Healthy Diets Vs. Favorite Dishes.
19. E-books and Audio Books Vs. Printed Publications – Downloading E-books to Save Trees?
20. Visitors Can Damage Historical Sites. Should These Places Still Be Open to Tourists?
If you choose an interesting discussion topic, you can get good grades because teachers like when students take some time to ponder over issues. Choose a topic which is interesting for you: if you’re interested in the discussion topic you don’t take much mental effort to write an essay, you just enjoy the process and don’t count the time spent on writing.
Your essay topic accounts for 50% of its success. It helps draw the attention of readers and evoke interest. If you support your essay with relevant discussion, you will definitely get good grades. We hope our essay help service succeeded in giving you several valuable ideas related to essay topic choice. You can also use one of the topics we’ve suggested to develop your own.
We’ve suggested topics for multiple disciplines, different levels of education, types of essays, and subjects. We’ve tried to choose the most popular topics that are widely discussed in scientific circles or those that are interesting for common folks. Therefore, read this article before starting to write your essay to derive some ideas and then create a captivating paper.
Paper writing process has many levels. Some people think that the hardest one is to cite the paper according to format. Well, it may be the truth, but the problem of formatting becomes not so serious if you just lack ideas about what to write. When teachers assign a task, they always mention a type of writing that students must do (like a persuasive essay, or a research paper). The decision on what topic to write lays 100% on the shoulders of a student. But what to do, if sudden creative block obstructs you?
Check out the latest and the coolest research paper and essay topics at Montessori-school! Our writers literally radiate with creative ideas for essays, so hurry up, be the first to get the essay topic now. You know, teachers always evaluate papers starting from the title. Montessori-school writers can make it stand out. We have a giant base of topic ideas (which is regularly enriching). You are welcome to take some 😉